Rackmount LCD Monitors – Video Monitoring Benefits Combine the Rackmount LCD screens with KVM switches and you can then easily manage up to 64 different served within 2 inches of space in your cabinet and racks. Rack LCD units work in tandem with these KVM switches and eliminate the need to connect a dedicated keyboards, monitor, and mouse to the servers. This also helps to free up shelf space, that otherwise could have been accommodated. This can then be used by more complex systems. Each KVM switches give complete control to up to 8 servers and you just need a single mouse, monitor or keyboards to get connected to the switch.
Overview of the Rackmount LCD
The Rackmount LCD monitor takes up a smaller area and also generate a small amount of heat. This clearly means that they require less ventilation and power in the computer cabinet or the server room. They are constructed our of steel material and can be easily slid in and out like a drawer. They are further implemented with heavy duty metal ball bearings that offer smoother operation and you can fit the tracking device as well as the monitor into the sliding drawer itself.
Another great benefit is that the cables of such systems are mounted rarely with other unused cable sections tucked carefully within the drawer. These LCD screens are available in monitor size of 17″, 19″, 20″ to 23″. The video resolution too, for these devices, is as high as from 1280×1024 to 1600×1200. In case your application requires HD display then some rackmount devices comes with an HDMI connector to provide you superb display. In fact, such HDMI monitors can be viewed through glass server cabinets.
The Rackmount LCD Monitor comes with a host of advantages. This include:
· They come with flip up design that is a great idea for space saving. They look stylish to look at, making them attractive.
· Their adjustable brackets enhance the flexibility and application areas. This also adds to the ease of users and comfort.
· They are compatible with a large number of OS including DOS, Win 3x, Win 95/98SE/2000/ME/SP, Win NT, Netware, Unix, Linux.
· Hot plugging facility allowing the users to connect to the monitor via computer without any restart.
· Support higher video resolutions, up to 1920×1440 for local PCs and up to 1280×1024 for remote PCs.
· These systems support the encryption protocols that are commonly used to secure networks.
· Minimal or no impact on the network performance and servers. In fact, there is no influence on the system in these regards.
· Full support for KVM over analogous telephone lines and IP and thus assured maximized compatibility to different networking technologies.
· Automatic sensing of best video resolution ensures perfect picture quality at all times and the crisp LED making status monitoring easy for the users
· High-performance synchronization and tracking of mouse movements ensuring flawless performance. Their drawers are easy to install because they attach the monitor securely to the rack at two points.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9535762